In Beaverton, the arts are a part of our identity. The arts build community, attract visitors, and drive progress. The Beaverton Arts Program contributes by presenting arts and cultural events and programs that celebrate community values and help connect residents to their artistic and cultural heritage.
Arts Organizations and Projects grants are only open to 501(C) 3 organizations. Awards are available to organizations offering arts and culture-related programs, projects and events that benefit Beaverton residents and which bring people together to experience and explore art, celebrate cultural diversity and inclusion, spur engagement and stewardship of art, and/or educate the community on the value of art.
These grants are offered by the City of Beaverton to enrich the lives of the Beaverton community by integrating arts, culture, and creativity into the city and its neighborhoods. Applications should focus on art and culture-related programming and involve an element of public engagement, arts-based learning or meaningful art experiences.
In addition, we hope to promote projects that meet these goals:
- Prioritize social equity and inclusion through your organization’s mission, vision and values, and programs offered and/or proposed.
- Nurture collaboration by encouraging partnerships between artists and other creative industries, businesses, and organizations both for- and non-profit.
- Contribute to economic vitality, support neighborhood revitalization and beautification, and promote our city as a place that is welcoming, vibrant, responsible, friendly, safe, and active.
- Inspire creativity and innovation in local and regional talent (emerging as well as established) by offering new opportunities and experiences in the arts.
- Elevate our community assets, cultural identity, and heritage to nurture, honor, preserve, and commemorate our cultural traditions and histories.
- Animate and rejuvenate public spaces.
- Increase public safety and awareness by activating shared spaces.
- Enliven public spaces to promote health, happiness, connectedness, and wellbeing.
Project duration may vary and could be a one-time or recurring event, performance, art class, program, placemaking initiative, and more. Funding requests may be up to $5,000. Check the application site for eligibility and review criteria at www.BeavertonOregon.gov/
Applications must clearly demonstrate how the proposed programming will support at least one or more of the following:
- Build awareness of the role and value of arts in Beaverton and increase public participation.
- Promote access and enhance learning, new and innovative art-making and practices, and encourage public participation in the arts.
- Prioritization of inclusivity in the proposed programming in representation, intended audience and discipline.
- Foster economic development in the community through the arts.
LEVEL OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- Funding requests may be awarded up to $5,000 (please refer to eligibility to determine appropriate budget level).
- This is not a matching-grant so we encourage applicants to seek additional opportunities to augment their funding.
- If the applicant is requesting the full award amount and their project budget is greater than that amount, a clear fundraising plan must be presented with the application.
- Crowdfunding and fundraising through community engagement activities is encouraged.
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 4, 2022, 5:00 PM PDT. For more information on eligibility and to apply, visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/