Oregon artists are invited to enter our regional juried artist call for Pretty Petals, a community, and outsider exhibit on one wall at Valley Art Gallery in Forest Grove. It is a floral-themed show in honor of Mother’s Day. The exhibition will run during gallery hours April 23 – May 22.
Selected artists must deliver ready to display, or ready to hang (wired) artwork April 16-18, hours to be decided.
Valley Art Association welcomes all artists. We encourage BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ representation. The Valley Art Association strives for inclusion, equality, and championing all artistic voices in our community. This is a great opportunity for emerging artists looking for their first shows.
All skill levels and ages are welcome. Parents will have to complete the registration and consignment agreement for minors.
INFO & REQUIREMENTS
- Enter by Sunday, April 11 (Select UPLOAD PHOTO in the above menu)
- Jury convenes April 12
- Email notices will go out by 11:59PM, Wednesday, April 14
- Limit 2 submissions per artist
- Submission must be work that has never shown at Valley Art before, any creation date
- Art drop will be available April 16-18, hours TBD and will have daytime and evening options.
- Maximum size 2D work is 11 in. x 14 in. (including frame)
- Smaller 3D works, less than 9 inches any dimension, will also be considered
- Review gallery standards before entering
- All work must be for sale, and suitable for family viewing
- Exhibition April 23 – May 22, Wednesday – Saturday, 11 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
If chosen . . .
- ***Must be able to hand-deliver, in person, work to Valley Art, 2022 Main St., Forest Grove April 16-18.
- All delivered work must be for sale, follow size limitations, and meet display requirements
- Complete consignment agreement, W9, and inventory sheet. Gallery takes 35%
- Properly tag your work following the provided procedure
- Agree to self promote in addition to gallery advertising (friends, social media, etc)
- Agree to pick up any unsold work Sunday – Tuesday, May 23-25.
- Consent to any uploaded image use in promotional materials
THINGS TO KNOW
- Valley Art carries insurance while pieces are on exhibit
- You may enter as many show calls as you like, limits apply for each show separately
- Artists are paid by the 15th of the month following any sales
- If you have any questions about online entry feel free to email April using firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about requirements and submission guidelines, please visit Valley Art Association’s website.