The Creative Youth Collaborative (CYC) is a youth-led adventure to expand arts programming for young creatives in Washington County, Oregon. This program is run by Tualatin Valley Creates.
The CYC is for young artists of all media and creativity at their heart – for example design, music, publishing, architecture, film and video, crafts, visual arts, fashion, TV and radio, advertising, culinary, literature, computer games and the performing arts.
If this post is still up, we are still accepting applications for new members.
- A young creative age 14-20
- Living, going to school, or working in Washington County, Oregon
- Able to commit 3-8 hours a month
- Interested in building a community program connecting young creatives to new opportunities and other resources that support a future in the creative industries
CYC CORE GOALS:
- Connecting youth with arts opportunities – giving young artists more chances to explore their passions and develop their talents.
- Career-related programming and assistance – providing youth with ways to explore careers in the arts, including workshops, internships, and meaningful involvement in arts organizations and activities.
- Youth engagement and mentoring around advocacy – helping young creatives impact their communities by creating public art and expanding arts access for underserved populations.
DESCRIPTION OF POSSIBLE ACTIVITIES:
- Running CYC social media accounts
- Setting up a youth engagement team at your school or community center
- Designing CYC logos and CYC branded clothing items
- Planning pop-up art, performance and cultural events
- Organizing speakers/workshops about the creative industries
- Organizing meetings for creatives to share & give feedback on each other’s work
- Participating/building a mentorship program linking youth to professional creatives
- Creating a community public mural
- Planning a major annual event such as: a job fair, arts showcase, or community arts advocacy event
- This is your collective and ultimately what you want to do!