The City of Beaverton is launching a second round of the Emergency Business Assistance Program to assist storefront businesses to stay in their leases during the COVID-19 pandemic. The City of Beaverton has also teamed up with the Small Business Legal Clinic and Impact Beaverton on a Commercial Leasing FAQ document for small businesses. It is available in English, Spanish and Korean here.
Here are the details about Round 2 of the grant program:
- Applications will be open from Monday, May 4 at 8 amuntil Wednesday, May 6 at 5pm
- Application and more information can be found at beavertonoregon.gov/EmergencyBizAssistance
- Qualified applications will be selected by a random lottery process
- The program will pay 100% of base rent expenses on a commercial lease, up to $2,500
- One month of funding is available at this time
- Businesses that applied in Round 1 of this program should notre-apply. If their application now qualifies, they will be added to the lottery.
- Eligible businesses include art galleries, fitness studios, licensed childcare facilities, restaurants, retail, salons, senior centers, spas and tattoo parlors, which have all been ordered to close or curtail operations. (See website for full details.)
- Business has 25 or fewer full-time employees at Beaverton location
- Business is located within the Beaverton city limits and has an active Beaverton business license prior to reimbursement
- Business has a commercial lease
- Business certifies they have experienced financial loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- National chains excluded
- Business may not have received Federal CARES Act stimulus funding (PPP, EIDL, etc) at the time of application