Dance Wire Ambassadors are both dancers and leaders. Their role is to help keep us connected to the wide array of dance activity happening in Portland. We rely on our Ambassadors to set the standard for dance in the area, to bring their connections, insights, and unique stories to the table. We specifically want dancers who seek to build community across dance styles and feel like leaders in their genre, role, and/or community.
We are seeking to compile a 2023 cohort that represents diversity in every sense of the word – demographics, dance style expertise, performers, choreographers, directors, educators. We are looking for people who share our passion and motivation to advance the prosperity and visibility of dance in Portland.
Dance Wire’s 10 year anniversary is September of 2023. What a milestone! As part of this celebration, we want to invite past Ambassadors to apply again.
- Have their bio and picture on our website for the year (July 2023 – June 2024)
- Participate in an Ambassador photoshoot and receive a headshot and dance shot
- Be interviewed for our podcast, Artist Stories series
- Be featured in Day in the Life of a Dancer
- Have access to Dance Wire’s Co-Working Space for the year
As part of Dance Wire’s inner circle, Ambassadors are expected to:
- Attend a mandatory orientation meeting on June 23rd
- Attend other Ambassador’s classes/shows as available (building relationships across dance genres!)
- Serve as an advisor to help connect us to your pocket in the dance community
- Display Dance Wire promo material at your events
- Share Dance Wire events/announcements with your network
- Make monthly announcements in classes you teach or rehearsals about being an Ambassador and how to get involved in Dance Wire
- Send out an email encouraging your followers to subscribe to Dance Wire’s email list
- Agree to Dance Wire’s Code of Conduct
For questions, call/text 971-978-8722 or email email@example.com.