• Vicki’s show, titled “Life’s Choices-Like Forks in the Road” captures the parallel of how choices in our lives can be symbolized by forks in the road. Some life choices are made from a deeply personal level while others may be influenced by events, other people or a myriad of circumstances. Each choice leads in a direction that we either stay with, or turn around and change roads. We later learn that some life choices were not correct for us but rendered invaluable experiences.
• Vicki’s show consists of 9 10”X10” fused glass wall hangings mounted on wooden frames. All of the glass is small cross cut pieces of glass called murinni that Vicki makes in her studio which involves layering many different glass colors which is melted in a kiln, stretched, cooled, and cut into small cross-sections and placed on end to create specific or abstract designs. Additionally Vicki has created 3 vessels involving cut glass placed on end to create depth.
• Vicki has worked with glass for over 35 years. She began as a stained glass artist and after a trip to Italy in 2004 returned to learn about fusing glass and that since became her passion. Vicki has lived in the Pacific Northwest her entire life and currently resides in Vancouver, WA.
• This is a two month exhibit which opens Tuesday, May 1st and ends Saturday, June 30th, 2018. The gallery will host an artist reception Saturday, May 12th, 2018 from 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
• Regular Gallery Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Celebrating Culture, Creativity, Community & Life in Our Tualatin Valley