For Projects Taking Place: January 15 – December 31, 2023
The Cultural Coalition of Washington County (CCWC) opens its grant cycle on Monday, September 19, 2022. Nonprofit organizations with arts, heritage and humanities projects based in Washington County are invited to apply for grants to be used during calendar year 2023.
Three levels of Community Cultural Participation Grants are available this year:
- Level 1: up to $1,000 available for nonprofit arts, humanities or heritage organization or be an educational institution or government agency with an arts, heritage or humanities mission. IRS 501(c)(3) status is not required for Level 1 grants.
- Level 2: up to $2,000 available only to nonprofit IRS 501(c)(3) registered organizations, governmental agency or public school.
- Level 3: up to $5,000 available only to a Washington County Public School District or Public School District Foundations 501(c)(3).
Applicants can apply for activities or opportunities that address one or more of these five goals:
- Public Awareness and Participation– Build community through communication, audience development, and engagement.
- Support Cultural Organizations– Increase capacity, encourage professional development, and support adaptability.
- Increase Public Art and Performance Opportunities- Foster more impactful art, events, and cultural connections with increased accessibility for all.
- Support Diverse Cultural and Heritage Activities- Include cultural learning and cultural equity at the heart of our creative community.
- Increasing Access to Arts Education- Serve school-based arts and cultural opportunities and build arts awareness for youth, while encouraging life-long learning.
A strong grant application will explain how the grant addresses priorities of:
- promoting cultural diversity
- developing community and/or cross-cultural partnerships
- providing matching-fund or cost-sharing opportunities
- and/or promoting cultural tourism
For examples, visit the CCWC website for more information about the Cultural Plan. Proposals in the CCP Grant Program should be geared toward a specific event, activity, or communication of the organization.
*Application Deadline: 11:59pm on Monday, October 17, 2022.
The CCWC has contracted with Tualatin Valley Creates (TVC) to manage the grant process, and to be the fiscal agent for CCWC grant funds.
This announcement was originally posted on https://ccwashco.org/2023-ccwc-grant-cycle-open/.