The Cultural Trust recognizes that many organizations are challenged to prepare project-based applications during this time. We encourage creative thinking and contingency planning. The Trust acknowledges the need for organizations to adapt to changing circumstances and public health mandates.
Cultural Development Program applications are reviewed and scored by individuals chosen for their diverse cultural expertise and geographic, ethnic and gender diversity. Please use this form to nominate yourself or another individual to serve as a Cultural Trust grant review panelist.
The FY2022 application cycle closes Friday, May 7, 2021.
The FY2022 Cultural Development Program will support projects taking place between September 1, 2021 – August 31, 2022. First time grant seekers interested in applying for Cultural Trust grants are encouraged to schedule a 30 minute phone consultation with Trust Manager Aili Schreiner ([email protected]) or (503) 428-0963.
Program awards are made in four categories and are intended to fund arts, heritage, history, preservation and humanities programs. Cultural Development Grants are for project activities that:
- protect and stabilize Oregon’s cultural resources;
- expand public awareness of, access to and participation in quality cultural experiences in Oregon;
- ensure that Oregon cultural resources are strong and dynamic contributors to Oregon’s communities and quality of life; and
- build an understanding of the value and impact of culture to Oregonians.
The four program categories are:
- Access: Make culture broadly available to Oregonians;
- Preservation: Invest in Oregon’s cultural heritage by recovering, preserving and sharing historic assets and achievements;
- Creativity: Create and/or present cultural or scholarly work; Support the development of artists, cultural experts, or scholars who promote culture as a core part of vibrant communities; and
- Capacity: Strengthen cultural organizations to increase stability, improve sustainability, or measure/share cultural impacts.
Application Assessment Rubrics
The following rubrics shall accompany the Cultural Development program guidelines. Applicants are advised to use the descriptive qualities in crafting an application. Panelists are advised to use the same descriptive qualities to assign a score for each application section:
- Access Application Assessment Rubric
- Preservation Application Assessment Rubric
- Creativity Application Assessment Rubric
- Capacity Application Assessment Rubric
Have questions? Contact Aili Schreiner at [email protected] or 503.428.0963. You may schedule a 30 minute consultation before April 1; draft applications will receive feedback if received prior to April 23, 2021.
Announcement originally posted on culturaltrust.org/grants/how-to-apply/.