The Westside Cultural Alliance is now Tualatin Valley Creates.
Tualatin Valley Creates inspires the diverse community to connect to the heart and soul of Washington County through arts, culture, heritage, and the humanities.
Putting Ourselves on the Map
Arriving at the Tualatin Valley
For the last 20 years, we’ve defined our organization and our service area based on our proximity to Portland as the Westside Cultural Alliance. But our county is growing. We are no longer reliant on our neighbors to the east to put us on the map. We stand on our own as a community and as a region. We wanted an identity that would reflect the sense of pride, sense of place, and sense of community in our growing cities and unincorporated areas.
The process to become Tualatin Valley Creates included:
- Numerous discussions at board meetings (over nearly two years)
- Meetings with more than 30 stakeholders from around the county
- A survey of our constituents
- Personal conversations with community leaders and elected officials
- In-depth branding sessions
New name … New website!
- Online countywide events calendar
- People & Places directory (you can contribute!)
- Resources for makers and creatives
We’re adding content all the time. Be sure to follow us on social media for updates and announcements.