Performance, Events, and Community Grants Supervisor
Annual Salary: $63,921 – $84,116 depending on qualifications
Terms: Full-time, exempt position with benefits
Close: 11:59 p.m., September 6, 2021
Do you love connecting art and community?
Do you have experience with events, performing arts, and grants?
Are you organized, a good communicator, and a flexible team player who wants to make a difference in a diverse and growing community?
Then join our dynamic Cultural Arts team!
The City of Hillsboro is seeking a Performance, Events, and Community Grants Supervisor. This position coordinates engaging community events at the Walters Cultural Arts Center, including a September-May performance series, and outreach activities throughout Hillsboro.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
The City of Hillsboro is the most racially and ethnically diverse large city in the region. This cultural richness and diversity drive us to ensure that performances, events, and community grants at the City of Hillsboro engage and reflect our whole community—particularly racial and ethnic groups who have historically been excluded from representation in community art spaces, activities, and events.
The Cultural Arts Supervisor manages a community grant program that supports community art projects, local performances in the Walters Theater, and the core operations of local arts and culture organizations. In addition, they assist with rentals of the Theater and provide administrative and meeting support for our Hillsboro Arts and Culture Council and its various committees, as well as the Hillsboro Arts and Culture Endowment. This position reports to the Cultural Arts Manager and supervises community volunteers and one part-time employee.
The Performance, Events, and Community Grants Supervisor’s portfolio includes:
• Producing music and performing arts events from conception through day-of-performance, including developing, planning, organizing performance series, and booking and contracting performing artists
• Overseeing Box Office functions, including customer service, tickets sales, sale confirmation, exchanges, guest check-in, and Front of House management
• Managing grant programs including marketing and communications, applications, grant review panels, award notifications and declines, and grantee reporting
• Developing and posting Hillsboro Arts and Culture Council and committee meeting agendas and minutes, as well as preparing presentation materials, and communications
• Writing and gathering materials for publicizing program activities
• Managing program and project budgets, performance agreements and contracts, payments for services, and equipment and supply purchases
• Representing the Cultural Arts Program in community meetings and with community members through interactions with audiences, community stakeholders, donors, and volunteers
Acceptable Experience and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Arts Administration, Music, Theater, Fine Arts, or a closely related field and 3 years of recreation and/or programming experience in assigned area of responsibility including 2 years of supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
This announcement was originally posted on https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hillsboro/jobs/3192723/performance-events-and-community-grants-supervisor?page=1&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs.