OMPA is a statewide membership organization that represents professionals and companies
working in film, television, commercial, brand marketing, immersive media and independent
production. We believe that together we can create a thriving and equitable industry here in
Oregon. Our website is critical to our mission as it serves as a platform for talent discovery,
business resources and connection to opportunity.
OMPA seeks a Website Project Manager to oversee the completion of OMPA’s new website.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the requirements are clearly defined, hiring
a design/development team to meet the requirements, and keeping the project on time and on
budget. The Website Project Manager will need to start by evaluating whether one of two
partially created websites will meet the requirements or if a new site will need to be developed.
The Project Manager should have experience working with APIs as the organization’s
membership databases will need to be connected to the website to push and pull data. The
Project Manager will work closely and coordinate with the design/development team and
- Work with the OMPA’s stakeholders to establish updated project scope and requirements that meet strategic business needs.
- Evaluate whether one of the work in progres sites can meet those requirements, which may require bringing on a developer to dig in deeply to current functionality of those sites.
- Make recommendation around best way forward: Finish one of two work in progress sites or start from scratch
- Write brief, conduct search, hire and contract with design/development team
- Coordinate with OMPA’s stakeholders at key decision points
- Lead the exploration and evaluation of potential alternate technical solutions.
- Create and monitor project plan, budget and timeline.
- Schedule frequent check ins to report progress to OMPA’s stakeholders. Escalate issues as they arise.
- Develop and implement test plan.
- QA all deliverables.
- Maintain project and technical documentation.
- Work closely with staff on content and data clean up and fulfilment for site activation.
- Accountable for project through launch; including managing vendor relationships and delivery of best in class product.
- Proven work experience as a successful Web Project Management.
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress, APIs and database integration.
- Experience with working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to explain technical terms in simple language.
- Current OMPA Website: ompa.org
- Current Directory website that will become part of new website: sourceoregon.com
- Work in Progress site #1: https://staging.ompa.org/
- Work in Progress site #2: http://s617491761.onlinehome.us
- OMPA Membership Database API documentation: https://developer.neoncrm.com/api/