What if all of Beaverton read the same book?
One Book, One Beaverton, Beaverton City Library’s annual community-wide reading event, is back!
We are thrilled to announce that this year’s title is Call Me American by Abdi Nor Iftin, a timely, hopeful memoir about growing up in Somalia amidst civil war and subsequently finding home in the United States.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE (it’s fun and easy!)
- Pick up your free copy of Call Me Americanat Beaverton City Library Main or Murray Scholls Branch starting on November 16th, 2019 (while supplies last). Or, check out a copy from the library.
- Read the book! Read it twice! Pass it along to someone else to read!
- During the month of January 2020, attend free library programsthat explore themes from the book.
- Come to a library book discussion.
- Discuss the book with friends, family, and your community at large.
- Attend an evening with author Abdi Nor Iftin on February 1, 2020.
- Feel connected your community!
This announcement was originally published by the Beaverton City Library.