The FY2024 application cycle closes at noon Friday, May 5, 2023. Funding decisions will be made at the summer 2023 Cultural Trust Board of Directors meeting.
Cultural Development Grant Resources:
- FY2024 Cultural Development Grant Guidelines
- FY2024 Cultural Development application Budget Form
- Cultural Development Program Orientation Webinar: recorded March 20, 2023. Passcode: C+1%^wPW
The FY2024 Cultural Development Program will support projects taking place between September 1, 2023 – August 31, 2024. First time grant seekers interested in applying for Cultural Trust grants are encouraged to schedule a 30 minute phone consultation with Trust Manager Aili Schreiner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (503) 428-0963.
Program awards are made in four categories and are intended to fund arts, heritage, history, preservation and humanities programs. Cultural Development Grants are for project activities that:
- protect and stabilize Oregon’s cultural resources;
- expand public awareness of, access to and participation in quality cultural experiences in Oregon;
- ensure that Oregon cultural resources are strong and dynamic contributors to Oregon’s communities and quality of life; and
- build an understanding of the value and impact of culture to Oregonians.
The four program categories are:
- Access: Make culture broadly available to Oregonians;
- Preservation: Invest in Oregon’s cultural heritage by recovering, preserving and sharing historic assets and achievements;
- Creativity: Create and/or present cultural or scholarly work; Support the development of artists, cultural experts, or scholars who promote culture as a core part of vibrant communities; and
- Capacity: Strengthen cultural organizations to increase stability, improve sustainability, or measure/share cultural impacts.
Application Assessment Rubrics
The following rubrics shall accompany the Cultural Development program guidelines. Applicants are advised to use the descriptive qualities in crafting an application. Panelists are advised to use the same descriptive qualities to assign a score for each application section:
- Access Application Assessment Rubric
- Preservation Application Assessment Rubric
- Creativity Application Assessment Rubric
- Capacity Application Assessment Rubric
The Trust’s two non-competitive grant programs fund the Trust’s five statewide Cultural Partners and 45 County and Tribal Cultural Coalitions.