The Library Advisory Board is appointed by the City Council. The Board advises the Council and Library staff on Library policies and planning. Nine citizen members are appointed to four year terms. Eight of the members must be residents of the City of Sherwood, and one member must be a non-resident of the City of Sherwood but a resident of both Washington County and the Sherwood Public Library service area. The duties and responsibilities of the Board include the following:
- Evaluate community needs and resources to guide the provisions of Library services to the community;
- Establish long-range plans, goals, and objectives for the Library and the improvement and maintenance of the Library building;
- Regularly review and revise Library objectives;
- Promote public participation and awareness programs to increase the use of the Library;
- Undertake additional responsibilities as may be designated by City Council or requested by Library staff;
- Advise on Library rules, regulations, and other matters.
If you would like to contact the Library Board, please email the following address: SherwoodLibraryBoard@sherwoodoregon.gov
Board meetings are typically the 3rd Wednesday of the month, 6:30-8:00 p.m., with some exceptions. The meetings are held at City Hall, 22560 SW Pine Street, Sherwood, Oregon.
Board meetings for 2019 are:
- January 16
- February 20
- March 20
- April 17
- May 15
- July 17
- September 18
- October 16
- November 20
- December TBD (5:00 p.m. on the evening of the City’s Annual Boards & Commissions Appreciation Dinner)
All meetings are open to the public. See “meeting materials” for agendas, and to verify date, time and location. (Note: you may need to change the default view for the date range to see future or past meetings.)
The City of Sherwood is currently accepting applications for the Library Advisory Board.
Applicants must be Sherwood residents and have an interest in providing an advisory role for the Sherwood Public Library’s services, policies, strategic planning and advocacy. The Library Advisory Board generally meets at 6:30 p.m. on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at Sherwood City Hall, 22560 SW Pine Street, Sherwood, Or.
The City is looking to fill four vacancies and the terms of office vary, expiring in 6/20/2022 and 6/20/2023. Applications are due September 16, 2019, for the first round of interviews. Recruitment will remain open until all positions are filled.
Specific questions about the Board can be directed to Adrienne Doman Calkins, Library Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-625-4272.
Submit applications to CityRecorder@sherwoodoregon.gov or Sherwood City Hall, 22560 SW Pine Street, Sherwood Oregon 97140, attention City Recorder.
Celebrating Culture, Creativity, Community & Life in Our Tualatin Valley