Calling all artists in grades 6-12! Enter for a chance to have your artwork featured during the 2021 Summer Reading Challenge at select Washington County libraries. There are $100 and $50 Powell’s gift cards for first and second place prizes!
Monday, February 15 through Friday March 19 – Artists submit their artwork virtually by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local teen councils will evaluate entries, and winners will be chosen by mid April.
- All artists must be in grades 6-12 and have created the artwork themselves while in those grades.
- All artists must either live or attend school in Washington County, Oregon.
- Each student may submit one piece of art.
- Artwork must represent the 2021 Summer Reading theme, “Reading Colors Your World.”
- Art must be the original work of the entrant and cannot include copyrighted material.
- Do not use the theme text in the artwork.
- Artists may submit one digital image of one piece of artwork to the contest.
- Submissions must be accompanied by the following:
Artist’s Name, Grade, School (if applicable), and medium.
- Art must be family friendly. The libraries reserve the right to deny any piece of artwork. All artwork will be reviewed by staff before posting.
- Entrants give permission to the libraries to use the artwork in displays, publications and social media.
- Artwork will be shown as a digital image to judges. Artists should research techniques for photographing or scanning the specific medium of your piece.
- Submitted files should be pdf, jpg, or png and cannot exceed 20 MB.
First Place is $100 Powell’s Books gift card. Second Place is a $50 Powell’s Books gift card.
Article originally published on https://library.cedarmill.org/events/teens.