New and Returning Volunteers: Welcome, and thank you for wanting to participate in the library’s Remote Volunteer Program! On average, volunteers contribute close to 1200 hours of service a month. Simply put, the library would not be able to provide as many resources to the citizens of Tigard without the help of its volunteers.
- As of June 1st 2021, the Summer Teen Volunteer program is remote. Please see examples of volunteer opportunities below. Have any more questions? Contact Katie!
- Teens do not need to sign up online but do need to complete a Volunteer Reflection Form after every completed assignment. This is how you will receive volunteer credit. Katie cannot sign off on any service hours unless a reflection form is completed.
Here is a list of our existing Remote Volunteer Opportunities!
- Advanced Reader Copy Reviewer
- Creating Art for Rotating Teen Display
- Blood Donor
- Book Review Volunteer
- Community Helper
- Five Oaks Gathering History Project Volunteer
- Library of Congress Volunteer
- Meals on Wheels Hope at Home Volunteer
- Social Media Ambassador
We’ve missed our teen volunteers, and we’re so excited to have you participating with our Remote Volunteer Program! If you have any questions at all, please contact Katie.
Returning Teen Volunteers: Click here to access VicNet to sign up for Volunteer Opportunities! (If you need help navigating VicNet, check out this How-To)
New Teen Volunteers: Click here to fill out a volunteer application! Katie will send you an orientation PDF and will help you get started.