Tualatin Valley Creates
Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Job-Type: Independent Contract (Limited Duration)
Posting Date: July 5, 2018 – open until filled
Position Description: The Marketing and Communications Coordinator we seek is a social-media savvy wordsmith with a love of the arts who wants to help shine a spotlight on Washington County. This is a new grant-funded position created to support Tualatin Valley Creates in its goal to serve as an arts and culture information hub for Washington County. The position is guaranteed for six months and will be extended if additional funding is secured.
Organization: Tualatin Valley Creates is a nonprofit organization working to build community through arts, culture, heritage, and the humanities in Washington County. In addition to serving as a communication hub, Tualatin Valley Creates provides support for artists and arts organizations and works to engage under-served populations in the arts.
Marketing and Communication Coordinator Essential Functions:
- Populate and maintain online events calendar
- Curate weekly arts and culture eblasts
- Design and implement a social media campaign
- Generate original story content highlighting local arts news and events
- Refresh and update website events and images as needed
- Plan, implement, and manage an online advertising campaign
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Highly proficient in WordPress.
- Familiarity with Facebook Business Manager, Hootsuite or similar program, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
- Ability to craft compelling 250-500 word stories on news and events.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with the arts scene in Washington County.
- An eye for photography and design.
Qualified candidates will possess any and all required state and local licenses to operate as an independent contractor.
The contractor must maintain business liability insurance and name Tualatin Valley Creates as an additional insured.
The contractor will determine his/her own hours.
Work will be completed remotely.
A flat monthly fee will be provided for a detailed scope of work.
Payment will be issued monthly upon completion of work.
Training will be provided on software and other support provided as needed.
The contractor will furnish his/her own supplies needed to complete the work.
Performance will be reviewed monthly for three months.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three short writing samples to: [email protected]. In the cover letter, please explain your interest in and connection to Washington County arts and culture. Also, note any experience you have connecting with communities of color and traditionally under-served populations. Position is open until filled. No phone calls please.